You’ll spend most of the day in the passageway between Dyer Island and Geyser Rock, known throughout the world as Shark Alley. It was around here that a 6.2 meter shark was accidentally caught in a trawling net.
06h00: Door-to-door pickup at hotel/ accommodation in Cape Town Metropolitan area. Guided transfer through to Gansbaai – “Great White Shark Capital of the World”
08h00: Breakfast is served overlooking the harbour – full safety briefing given by guide
09h00: Launch from Kleinbaai Harbour, 30 minutes later anchoring at “Shark Alley”. Shark interaction commences
12h00: Snacks and light lunch served on-board
14h30: Approximate time of return to harbor
5h00: Afternoon drinks and transfer tour of the magnificent Walker Bay – “Land based Whale Watching Capital of the World”
18h00: Arrive back in Cape Town
Wildlife spotted: Great Whites, Cape Gannets, Cape Cormorants, African Penguins, Whales, Dolphins
Cost: $375, fully inclusive of all activities, guide service, transfers, meals, equipment
Experience Level Required: No prior scuba experience is necessary. Snorkel experience preferable.
Dive Profile: Cage tethered to the side of the boat at surface depth. Maximum depth: 2.5m. 5 – 15 minutes in the cage per dive. 3 – 4 dive opportunities (depending on the action)
Great White Shark Season: The Peak season is April – October. There is good shark activity through the end of January. Water visibility degrades in the Summer months, averaging 2 -5m/ 6 – 15ft. February is the low month.
Accommodations: Arranged upon request.
Weather Conditions: Variable in the “Cape of Storms” – sunshine, wind, rain, sea swell all possible during the day
- No serious accidents recorded in 10 years of cage diving.
- 2 skilled Dive Masters with Level 3 Medic certification (including O2 Management) supervise each dive, along with our highly experienced boat skippers
- Dive boats and boat operations are monitored by SAMSA – South African Marine Safety Association
- Ship to shore communications via radio and cellular
- As this is a door-to-door service provided by a certified and registered guide, personal safety is assured.
Now Booking the 2017-18 Season