Annual sardine run migration offers unique marine wildlife viewing opportunities
click map for better view
For the bean counters, there are no accurate figures on how many tons of sardines swim up the coast so let’s just go with huge and massive. How many sardines do you think there are in a shoal that is fifteen kilometers long, three and a half kilometers wide and nearly forty meters deep?
These little silver fish form the butter of the sea and the plankton that they feed on the figurative bread. Bottom line is that it is no fun being number two in the food chain. Especially when these are in the area:
- 20,000 Common Dolphin
- 5,000 Bottlenose Dolphin
- Thousands of Gannets
- Countless Gamefish
- Thousands of Sharks
- Hundreds of Seals
- Bryde’s Whales
Arrive at Durban International Airport prior to 12 Noon. (We suggest arriving in South
Africa a day earlier, to provide time to adjust to local time and can provide a hotel
suggestion upon request.) Met by SEAL Expeditions representative and transported to
dive location in the Eastern Cape. Orientation.
Days Two – Eight
6:45 am – Continental or packed breakfast
7:00 am – Microlightaircraft launches and begins recon
7:30 am – SEAL Teams launch
11:00 am – Light lunch and refreshments available on boats
1:30 pm – Approximate time back on shore, depending on action and weather
4:00 pm – Join group for optional afternoon activity
7:00 pm – Three course dinner, next day planning and good times – SEAL style
8:00 am – Transfer back to Durban International Airport (Your flight should depart no earlier than 3 pm.)
Cost: $4295 per person sharing accomodations.
- Transfers to and from Durban International Airport and activity location.
- Full-time expedition guide
- Seven full days “on the Run” from 0700 to 1400, weather permitting
- Full board—breakfast, supper & light lunch on the boat
- Luxury beachfront accommodation (sharing)
- Dedicated Microlite aircraft with VHF radio to put our SEAL-Team into the action
- Microlite flight – see the action from the air (weather dependent)
- Full range of alternate activities—adventuring the magnificent Wildcoast
IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR!
Now Booking for 2022
June 29-July 7, July 7-15, July 15-23
Call Now to Reserve: 800-644-7382