Annual sardine run migration offers unique marine wildlife viewing opportunities
click map for better view
For the bean counters, there are no accurate figures on how many tons of sardines swim up the coast so let’s just go with huge and massive. How many sardines do you think there are in a shoal that is fifteen kilometers long, three and a half kilometers wide and nearly forty meters deep?
These little silver fish form the butter of the sea and the plankton that they feed on the figurative bread. Bottom line is that it is no fun being number two in the food chain. Especially when these are in the area:
- 20,000 Common Dolphin
- 5,000 Bottlenose Dolphin
- Thousands of Gannets
- Countless Gamefish
- Thousands of Sharks
- Hundreds of Seals
- Bryde’s Whales
Cost: $4295 per person sharing accomodations.
- Transfers to and from Durban International Airport and activity location.
- Full-time expedition guide
- Seven full days “on the Run” from 0700 to 1400, weather permitting
- Full board—breakfast, supper & light lunch on the boat
- Luxury beachfront accommodation (sharing)
- Dedicated Microlite aircraft with VHF radio to put our SEAL-Team into the action
- Microlite flight – see the action from the air (weather dependent)
- Full range of alternate activities—adventuring the magnificent Wildcoast
IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR!
Next Available Dates: June & July of 2019
Call Now to Reserve: 800-644-7382